Thursday, June 25, 2015

My Quirky Marriage

My marriage has many fun quirks, as I hope yours does. There are just little things that probably wouldn't make sense to anyone but my husband and me. These things are what make our marriage unique & exciting. Without them we'd just be doing the same thing day in and day out.

Here are some examples:

Ever since we started dating we have loved watching movies together. Our cinematic tastes can be quite different, but there's usually something we can agree to watch together. One of our favorite parts of any movie is the trivia. My hubby is really good at spotting the composer before the movie's even really started. And I can't remember the last time we watched an entire movie all the way through without pausing it. And not just because of our 15 month old. It's because we're both on IMDB trying to figure out what else that actor/actress is in.

We were recently introduced to a card game called Nertz. If you've never played it, it's basically multiplayer speed solitaire. It can get really competitive and downright violent if you play with the wrong right people. We've been playing a few hands each night after we put our Little One to bed, but it was getting old just playing hand after hand. So we put our own twist on it. The loser of each round has to complete a task. This is usually some sort of exercise like 1 minute of plank, 30 sit ups, or row 400m. This comes in handy, especially when I wasn't able to work out that day.

From the outside it might look like we argue a lot. But really we just like to debate semantics. You know, the super trivial stuff that usually gets glossed over. *Side note: Last night we had a discussion about coloring books. Specifically Many Mini Minnie Mouse Coloring Books. See what I mean?* When we were dating we got into a lot of these "debates" around our families. They'd usually get worried and tell us to stop fighting. But we were having a really great time! (That's probably because I usually won). I wouldn't consider this fighting because it never escalates past a friendly debate. If it ever got more heated then we'd probably have to stop this little game, but for now I think it's a lot of fun.

So if you're feeling like you're in a day-to-day rut, try adding a twist to parts of your routine. Get quirky!

God Bless,

No comments:

Post a Comment