Thursday, August 6, 2015

Dear Jillianne: Feeling Human Again

Hey girl hey!

I think I can officially say we have all recovered from jet lag. Finally! Last week was probably one of the longest of my life. It was like combining the first few weeks of having a newborn with the first trimester. I wouldn't wish it on anybody! We'll definitely do more to prepare for such a drastic time change in the future.

I think I'm already having Target walk-through withdrawals. I learned a new word the other day: "shelf-check". It basically sums up every Target trip we ever made. It means to just walk through a store and see what they have. And since we already knew everything Target had (because we went roughly once a week), we definitely were just there for shelf-checks.

I hear ya on the heat. I can't imagine it without an A/C. I'm already so spoiled by our one A/C unit in the apartment. Maybe put the water table in the bathroom and let James have some fun in there? I know clean up would be a little tough but at least you don't have to worry about heat exhaustion and sunburn!

How do you make an Italian Soda? That sounds so good! I'll have to make one then go to Italy and try one and see how well I did. (P.S. How freaking cool was that sentence? Ladeedah I'm just gonna pop on over to Italy for a soda. Gah I love Europe!)

I've made a few new friends here but I definitely miss being around you. I feel like our friendship just flowed from day one (maybe day two). Like you said though, being a military spouse trains you to make fast friends. I mean, we probably tell new friends more about ourselves in the first week of knowing each other than civilian spouses would ever reveal to their friends.

I actually just got back from having coffee with quite a few spouses. It was so great to get to meet everyone. There are some really great women here and I just can't wait to get to know everyone better.

I'm so glad you and James are making new friends. I have no doubt that you'll become great friends with someone and James might find a playmate he likes even better than June. Maybe this new friend won't steal his food quite so often. ;)

We're finally starting to get adjusted here and I think we'll be even better once we're in our house in just over a week. I can't wait to show you pictures! Speaking of pictures, here's one from this morning:

This is right outside the coffee shop we were in. There's a couple of awesome little splash pads and a little playground. And it's all right next to this beautiful church! I definitely see us spending a lot of time here! 

Have you been to the splash pad lately? That might be a nice place to cool off. 

Well I hope you have a great day, friend! I love and miss you so much! Say hello to America for me!

Isten aldjon (God bless), 


1 comment:

  1. Yes, we sometimes miss why we need our air conditioners. They seem to be such a given that we easily take them for granted. That is until the high temperatures hit. So yeah, it's okay to be spoiled by even a single AC, because it's better to recognize its value. Cheers!

    Henrietta Fuller @ Bri-Tech Heating and Cooling

    ReplyDelete