Monday, August 3, 2015

Szia from Hungary!

Hello (Szia)! Well we finally made it to Europe. It was a crazy week of plane rides and the worst jet lag you can possibly imagine, but we survived! I just wanted to give you all a little look into what our life has been like since we left the U.S.

June's first time flying in her own seat!
We had 2 plane rides, a 9.5 hour and a 1 hour. I'd relive the 9.5 hour flight in a heartbeat. June took a really good nap and besides wanting to climb down and run up and down the aisles a few times, she did great. That 1 hour flight wasn't as fun. We got bumped up to business class which was great. Baby Girl was just so over the whole traveling thing. But all-in-all, the trip went really well. 

Jet lag takes another victim.
We were all really thrown off by the 9 hour time difference. June woke up every night around midnight and didn't go back to sleep for at least 3 hours. So she and I would take a long nap in the morning and feel like we had been drugged when we woke up. Thankfully she has slept through the past 2 nights (*knocks on wood*). I'm sure she'll be happy to be in her own crib in her own room soon. 
Right now we're staying in an apartment but we hope to be in a house in just a couple of weeks!

Exploring downtown and the square.
Thank goodness for such a tight-knit community of people here! We've become friends with some great people who took us all over town. We had lunch in the square, played in a park by a beautiful church, and got ice cream (which was about 70 cents each!). That day was the first time I felt human again. I think I'm going to love it here! 

Lots of cute parks to explore!
Since everything is so close in this small town, we've been able to get out and see something new almost every day. We found this cute little park in a really nice wooded area with walking trails all around. June really liked watching all of the other kids. And I think they enjoyed staring at us while we spoke English. 

The food will take some getting used to.
So this was my dinner last night. Any guesses as to what it's supposed to be? The menu said roast beef. It was pretty much like chicken fried steak, but without the breading. With onion strings on top and a bed of french fries on bottom. Not exactly what I had in mind, but it wasn't bad. I really can't wait to get out and eat my way through Europe. Because let's be honest, 70% of the reason I do anything is food. 

Well I hope you enjoyed a little peek into our new life! Hopefully soon we'll have tales of our trips to Budapest and beyond!

God Bless, 



No comments:

Post a Comment