Thursday, August 27, 2015

Dear James: Feels Like Home

Dear James,

So sorry for the long delay in responding! We moved into our new house almost 2 weeks ago and we just not got internet! And not a moment too soon. I was really missing my Netflix, I'll tell you what!

Hungary is great! We're starting to feel more comfortable in our small town. There's not much to do, but getting out is always an adventure in a foreign country. My Mommy misses your Mommy, too! It's pretty much all she talks about. And I definitely miss stealing your snacks. Although I think that's mostly because I just miss American snacks. The food here is a little different.

This was me after a walk from the grocery store. Mom gave me a little ice cream treat because it was so hot. Turns out it wasn't ice cream. It was chocolate covered frozen cottage cheese...but I still ate every last bit!

We made an impromptu trip to Budapest the day we moved into the new house. We didn't get to do much, but we did get to see the beautiful Parliament building from across the Danube River. We can't wait to go back and see so much more! 

There aren't really any churches here that we'll get to call home. But there are a lot of opportunities for fellowship with other believers. We can stream church services and watch with friends and a chaplain comes once a month and holds a service for us. There's also a Ladies' Bible Study that Mommy is excited to try. 

This is Mommy, Mingo, and me at the castle ruins in Dobronte. It was so cool! And it's only 15 minutes down the road from us in a super cute town. We'll definitely be taking all of our visitors there. 


You asked about our plane ride over here. Well from what I can remember (I think we've all repressed most of that experience), it wasn't too bad. I actually managed to sleep for a little bit during our 9.5 hour flight. And the nice ladies in the pretty uniforms were always bringing by food and drinks for me to spill and throw everywhere. It was very thoughtful of them. I know Mommy brought the Benadryl, but I never needed any. I guess I would suggest having your Mommy pack you lots of new toys to play with. I highly recommend the dollar spot at Target...man I miss Target. And don't forget Ralphie! I really liked having my Gemma with me to make me more comfortable. 

Well that's life right now. I can't wait to get all of our furniture in a couple of weeks. There are some toys that I've really missed. And I haven't slept in my own crib since the beginning of July! I hope you are having fun and meeting lots of new friends. Just remember, you're spoken for! 

Is the weather getting nicer? I sure do miss walking being carried through the the farmer's market and eating donuts shoving donuts in my face with you! I can't wait to introduce you to the amazingness that is a Nutella palacsinta. And there's gelato stands everywhere! I think I'm going to like it here. 

Miss you friend! See yooouuuuuu...

No comments:

Post a Comment