Wednesday, August 27, 2014

What We Made Wednesday: Spicing It Up!

I absolutely LOVE to bake! There's just something about mixing together a bunch of little things to create a big delicious masterpiece. Of course, not all of my creations turn out, but I'm not that picky when it comes to baked items. As long as it's sweet, it's my kind of treat!

With a little one in the house now, I haven't had much time to cook and bake things from scratch. I've resorted to... *gulp*...boxed mixes. I know I know. Every avid baker out there just cringed! But hey, if using a box means I can satisfy my sweet tooth AND have time to play with my little girl, then count me in!
So if you're looking for a quick and easy way to spice up a box of cake or muffin mix, here's your answer: Cream cheese! Everyone likes cream cheese, right? 


Please excuse the sloppy pouring job. Prepare whatever cake/muffin mix you like according to the package (I chose banana bread, but there are tons of yummy choices out there!). Then just fill each cup halfway, add a small slice of cream cheese, then pour just enough mix to cover the cream cheese. Bake muffins according to the package and you end up with this: 


Warm, yummy muffins with the perfect surprise inside! Enjoy! 

What's your favorite dessert to make? 
How do you spice up boring recipes? 

God Bless, 




No comments:

Post a Comment